● We participated in Hack’N Break which was the first Open Innovation Camp in Turkey. In that organization, we met numerous companies (from Hürriyet to Google, Mentors Network Turkey to TEMSA) and introduced ourselves to the CEOs, leaders and start-ups. We prepared a presentation for StartupTalks and also talked on stage at the closing ceremony. Additionally, we had patent-making process, IoT and Arduino courses and a lot more.
● We had an exhibition stand in Izmir International Fair (Mini Maker Faire). We introduced our school’s robotics team, 6-axed robotic arm that we had built, FIRST and FRC to the visitors.
● We were nationally broadcasted on TV.
● Team 6429 volunteered for Bilim Kahramanları Derneği in Izmir Mini Maker Faire, in which we helped lots of children while they were building up LEGOs and spread the spirit of FIRST LEGO League.
● 4D talked in the high school opening ceremony and gave information about the relations between school and FRC to about 150 students, parents and teachers.
● 4D attended FRC Turkey Off-Season Kick-Off event which was a platform to meet fellow Turkish FRC teams.
● One of our team members swam open water in Asics Çeşme Weekend to help raise donation for building a robotics-based innovation lab, which is fully dedicated to young disadvantageous children.
● We attended StartUp Turkey in İstanbul; this event was highly fruitful as being a milestone for our future path.
● Team 6429 organized a workshop called “Learn to Build” for children aged between 6-9. 29 children showed up in our workshop. 14 of them were 9 years old and 9 of them were 8; as a result, we realized that only 20% of the children were aged 6-7 and this statistic led us to plan more activities for pre-school children. The workshop was about teaching the names of the tools for them to build their “dream bot”. Afterwards, 4D provided them an opportunity to build their dream bots under strict safety rules.
● Our team member, Bora Karaman, attended the first mentor meeting as a mentor of FLL Team Thundercats.
● We attended the Izmir Enterprise Summit to introduce FIRST and Team 6429 to Aegean Region. Being participants at the summit gave us the opportunity to meet with angel investors and find the professional entrepreneurs to help us with both technical and managerial issues. Plus, the seminars helped us improve our entrepreneurship skills. Thanks to Izmir Enterprise Summit, we were recognized and reached more than 100 people.
● 4D organized a workshop about programming EV3 to children that are aged between 10 and 14.
● We attended a Meetard which was held by VOLTURK, a company which is dedicated to spread STEAM activities throughout Turkey by arranging maker movements. 4D introduced the mission and FIRST message to the guests and also to the founders of the company, Kemal Özdemir.