Our Outreach Number
● 8 team members attended FLL Jr. Fair in Sevinç Koleji and interacted with 12 teams. We had an opportunity to help youngsters and make FIRST inspire them as we are inspired.
● We introduced our team to the teenagers that are 13-14. We reached more than 95 students and encouraged them to be a part of the FIRST family.
● We were broadcasted globally live on TRT radio. We introduced ourselves, FIRST and FRC.
● 4D exchanged ideas with Şırnak Center Hürriyet Middle School’s FLL team “Nuh’un Kahramanları” on Skype. We shared our experiences with this brilliant team and listened to their project ideas for their first year in FLL.
● 6429 visited an FLL team in Çiğli-Tepekule, which was a state school team, and answered their questions efficiently.
● We talked with EÇEV’s FLL team INSHAY about their robot. We had meetings with INSHAY several times and exchanged ideas about their progress.
● On Women in STEM day, we held an event called “1-to-1 Day”. We are aware that men and women must be equal in every area as being the first FRC team in our region. 4D encourages the future teams to have the equality spirit so as to let our young generations grow with the belief that everybody can do anything.
● Team 4th Dimension gave education and information about robotics, FIRST and FRC to 4th, 5th & 8th grade students and to their FLL team “Rookies & Cookies” at Sevinç College. Students made their own robots from recycled materials after education.
● We were the volunteers for İzmir Regional FLL tournament. We helped 72 teams and introduced them FRC and ourselves. Our team member, Su Hazal Çallı, was awarded with the “The Most Willing Volunteer” Award.
● 4D hosted 4 FLL teams from another city, Istanbul, and opened our conference hall to let them practice their presentations. After watching their presentations, we guided them towards our FLL experiences.
● We volunteered in FLL National Tournament. In Nationals, 4D reached up to 102 teams.
● 4D made a presentation to introduce FIRST, FRC and our team to the students that were aged between 14-16. This way, we spread FIRST’s message to more than 110 people.
● We went to the most crowded place in our city, Alsancak, to interview with the citizens. The questions asked were: “What is the first thing that comes to your mind when we say robot? / What does FIRST mean to you? / What do you think about women engineers? / What is STEAM? / What does 4th Dimension mean to you?” We interviewed with so many people. However, the ones who knows what FIRST and STEAM are just the %1 of them. Also, almost all of them thought that women should be empowered and be a part of scientific studies. According to the answers we got, we decided to spread STEAM activities and FIRST’s message to empower next generations without any gender discrimination.
● 6429 visited public elementary school which is called “Dr. Güngör Özbek Elementary School”. We gave information about both STEAM activities and FIRST programs to the 7th graders. They stated that they would be glad if they had a chance to participate in FLL and then FRC. So, we became their mentors as we had promised before.
● We went to public Anatolian High School to give a speech about robotics, FIRST and 4th Dimension to students, who are between 15 and 17. Our team made it clear that we continued to achieve our goal step by step: spreading FIRST’s message through our region as the first FRC team of our region.
● Some of our members attended “Junior Achievement Fair”, which helps us to be better entrepreneurs via gaining social responsibility. Our teammates sold mugs to make donations to a charity for providing children a better education, especially for refugees.
● We interacted with more than 400 students and informed them about FRC and other FIRST programs.
● 4D gave a lesson to the 2nd graders about programming.
● To spread the STEAM and FIRST Message, we participated in European Youth Week STK Fair. Our visitors were inspired by 21 high school students’ impacts on community, as well as their achievements.
● 4th Dimension made a presentation about FIRST, STEAM and FRC to the 8th graders who were enthusiastic about being a member of this family. Besides, our pit drew attention to safety and mechanics.
● Our family gained 9 new open minds regarding our selections based on application forms. In addition, these new members had FLL history by which Team 6429 ensured their awareness of the FIRST principles.
● We were the participants of a STEAM-based fair which was held with corporation of ZORLU Holding and TUSİAD. Not only did we play great role in spreading the FIRST message and FRC, but also enlightened the attendees of the fair through the activities and projects we hold considering community outreach and impact. Members of Team 6429 were the embodiments of STEM projects to inform the teachers about what they do.
● In corporation with Bilim Kahramanları Derneği, we ran a summer science camp which lasted one week with 30 students from 3 different age groups in the HUGOBOSS mega factory.
● 4th Dimension took part in Izmir Maker Faire and shared their initiatives about STEAM by informing our society.
● We were the attendees and volunteers of Hack’n Break which was held in Iztech (Izmir High Technology Institute).
● Two of 4D members attended Innocampus, a Startup Accelerator Program, in which they prepared a project in humanity’s behalf. In this context, they made a presentation about an innovative helmet that would let paralyzed people control the tools in their houses.
● 6429 took flight to Istanbul for the Kick-Off event. As well as experiencing the energetic atmosphere, we interacted with both rookie and veteran teams such as 4191-IMC, 6025-Adroit Androids and XSHARC.
● After contacting with several public schools, we started “Inspire the Future” project for children aged between 5 and 13 at 3 different public schools. In this context, we are infusing the FIRST values and acquirements of robotics & programming into Generation Z by using LEGO WeDo 2.0 for kindergarten, EV3 for primary and secondary schools.
● We officially started mentoring FIRST LEGO League Team 4th Vision.
● 4D visited Manisa Bahcesehir College and taught them about robotics and STEAM, since we are working hard to reshape the youth with the skills required for the 21st century.
● 4D attended the MZV Youth Summit organized by Zorlu Holding.
● Our team members took part in IV. Young Diplomates Conference. In this context, we efficiently debated about globally-crucial issues through social responsibility we have gained in FRC.
● Team 6429 attended Hack4Wellbeing Hackathon which was held with partnership of Ege University Science and Technology Centre- Technology Transfer Office (EBILTEM-TTO) and we were awarded with the Motivation Award with our walking stick prototype, Tri Balance, which is now being materialized.
● We painted cathouses with our friends in Bornova Down Café and informed them about FRC and made a presentation about our robots.