Our Outreach Number
● We have become a member of FIRST Help Now, a 24/7 Call Center created by 3132 so as to master in gracious professionalism by helping numerous FRC teams all around the world.
●Team 6429 organized an unofficial Kick-Off event with the attendance of both FRC and FLL teams. Through various presentations and workshops about mechanics, programming, advertisement, awards, public relations and safety; 4D formed a unity among FRC teams in the region.
●Team 6429 informed 8th graders from Karşıyaka Bahçeşehir College about FRC. Our little ones showed interest in the FIRST message and were encouraged by 4D to become the future scientists.
●We organized our second science camp at HUGOBOSS Factory as volunteers of Bilim Kahramanları Derneği. During these trainings, 4D had great fun with our youngsters while providing an opportunity to be included in STEAM activities.
● As 4th Dimension, our mission is to empower next generations without any gender discrimination and with the help of the opportunities that FIRST and STEAM provide us. Concordantly, we organized our first seasonal STEAM DAYS activity at EBILTEM-TTO. The organization featured 7 professional speakers informing the audience of innovation, entrepreneurship, starting a business, industry 4.0 & society 5.0, STEAM in class, open innovation and design in business. Additionally, STEAM days powered by 4D strengthened the relations through attendance of two FRC teams (ACI 35 & Roctopus) and two FLL teams, one being our mentees.
●Team 6429 attended the second Asteroid Mining and Meteoroid Science Workshop and exchanged ideas on FRC and spreading STEAM with Dr Michael E. Zolensky, Stardust, Cosmic Dust, Hayabusa & Microparticle Impact Curator from NASA Johnson Space Center.
●4D made a presentation about STEAM, FIRST & FRC in Akhisar Bahçeşehir College and answered their questions about our overall approach and what we do in order to improve our community.
●6429 made a conference video call via Skype with FRC Team 7153, Aetosdios from the USA. We are proud to share our experiences with a team that was formed with the impact of 4D.
●Team 4th Dimension was featured in Milliyet News. Through media, we reached over 132,000 people by managing to expand our network and sharing our initiatives of raising dedication and commitment amongst the society.
●Our team member Zeynep Naz Avcı appeared on the radio program of Turkish Radio Television (TRT). In cooperation with FRC teams ACI35 and OKSEF; we informed the community of FRC, FIRST and our projects. Strengthening the unity between FRC teams in our region, we managed to exchange ideas and share our experiences.
● Team 6429 volunteered in Coderdojo programming event in order to encourage the youth in STEAM activities; starting with application designing, Scratch and an introduction to FIRST Lego League. Through outstanding respect and appreciation for engineering, 4D took a step further in terms of balancing the world in accordance to their social responsibility.
● 4D volunteered in the FLL Regional Tournament, Izmir. Besides, our mentees Team Olympus, Team 4th Vision and Team Quasar attended the tournament. Additionally, Team Olympus was awarded with the ‘’Research Award’’.
● Team 6429 launched the 4DEnvironment mobile application. In terms of environmental awareness, our application includes general information about carbon footprint, ways to reduce our carbon & water footprint, a survey and a carbon footprint calculator for FRC teams. Thanks to 4DEnvironment, we brought a new dimension for environmentalism in FRC.
● Team 6429 appeared in countless newspapers such as Milliyet, Hürriyet, Posta, Yenigün, 9 Eylül, Haber Ekspress. In this way, we reached more than 856,000 people through media.
● We attended a meeting of FuckUp Nights İzmir and made a speech about how we overcame the difficulties along our path since the establishment of our team.
● Team 4th Dimension volunteered in the FLL Jr. Tournament which was held in Sevinç College and spent an enjoyable time supporting STEAM activities for children from an early age.
● Team 6429 organized the second seasonal STEAM Days event: Spring STEAM Days. In order to develop a better understanding of the importance of STEAM activities throughout the community, Spring STEAM Days drew attention to the principles of the 21st century. Furthermore, our event included speeches by experts about Industry 4.0, Society 5.0, education & technology relationship, discovering our talents, maker activities and the true meaning of happiness.
● Team 4th Dimension started a project called “4DIMENSIONAL Science Magazine”. This project includes the publish of seasonal magazines that include assorted experiments for kids to encourage them in STEAM activities. In addition, a number of 10,000 4DIMENSIONAL Science Magazines are being distributed to children in disadvantaged areas around Turkey. Particularly, each experiment on the magazine has a QR code leading the viewers to the experiment videos which were shot by our team.
● Team 6429 proudly presented its STEAM curriculum and Training of Trainers program to Güzelbahçe Directorate of Education: 4DCoding. The STEAM curriculum of 4D is now ready to be spread out to more children who are waiting to be shaped for the future.
● Team Junior Dimension attended the FLL Jr Tournament as being mentored and fully founded by Team 4D.
● We attended Wings For Life World Run on behalf of Sosyal Ben Vakfı.
● We attended Business Global Forum which was held in İstanbul Bahcesehir University.
● We were with Enver Yücel, founder and chairman of Bahçeşehir& Uğur Educational Institutions. We told him our future plans and exchanged ideas on FRC.
● As 4th Dimension, we were delighted to have our little friends as the graduates of “Inspire The Future” project, which we started on October 13, 2017 in Hamdi Dalan Primary School, Güzelbahçe Ali Bayırlar Middle School and kindergarten. During the year, we gave coding and robotics education with Ev3 and WeDo sets. Working with future scientists was a great experience for us. We learned a lot while we were educating them.
● We organized our third science camp at HUGOBOSS Factory as volunteers of Bilim Kahramanları Derneği.
● We organized “SCAMP Entrepreneurship and Innovation Camp” at Open Campus-Urla in partnership with Açık İnovasyon Deneği. With our friends (aged 15-18), 4D held their 3rd seasonal STEAM Day as Day 1 of SCAMP. Thus, we are planning to add this camp to our sustainable projects.
● We organized “SCAMP Entrepreneurship and Innovation Camp” at Open Campus-Urla in partnership with Açık İnovasyon Deneği. With our friends (aged 15-18), 4D held their 3rd seasonal STEAM Day as Day 1 of SCAMP. Thus, we are planning to add this camp to our sustainable projects.We represented our country as Team Turkey in FIRST Global Challenge which was held in Mexico. We were awarded with a bronze medal in Innovation in Engineering and Safety Award. Our accomplishment was also on newspapers. We have reached more than 300,000 people through social media.
● We were volunteers of HacknBreak that took place at Open Campus-Urla. HacknBreak is a technology, science and design festival that is organized every year since 2015 with nearly 1000 participants.
● We attended the GameX Off Season & Kickoff event. We exchanged ideas about our robot and interacted with other teams. Additionally, it was a platform in which we reached out more people from different areas.
● 4D took place at Izmir Maker Faire, which allowed them to have a stand and spread their mission of spreading the FIRST message alongside STEAM principles. Moreover, they contacted numerous renown foundations and companies.
● We volunteered in LEGO Education STEM Days, organized by Teknokta. It was a great pleasure for us to encourage our youngsters to become future makers, coders and innovators through the path we’ve taken.
● Team 6429 presented their team and outreach to the newcomers of Bahcesehir High School for Science and Technology. Additionally, they inspired the freshmen to get involved in STEAM based FIRST events, including FLL, FTC and FRC.
● 4th Dimension made a presentation about FIRST Tech Challenge, which is a new organization in Turkey. We encouraged more than 300 students to take part in our FTC team that will be one of the first ever Turkish teams to compete actively in a season.
● Meeting with the Vice-Chancellor of Ege University.
● Organized Fall STEAM Days in İzmir Chamber of Commerce.
● Organized “Gender Equality Forum” in Ali Bayırlar Secondary School.
● We organized “Black&White Party” at our school to raise funds for the team.
● On 19-22 October, Team 6429 took place in Turkish Off-season event. We were awarded with the Engineering Inspiration Award and the Winner Award. Our success was also on the newspapers.
● On 23rd of October we attended “Future Tellers” and gave a workshop called “Coding In Every Dimension”.
● Meeting with Selcan Kayahan at Bahçeşehir Science Center in Karşıyaka, İzmir to talk about our project “Inspire the Future”.
● Mentoring FLL team RoboDimensions.
● Meeting with the members of Kaymakam Özgür Azer Kurak Primary School’s FLL Team and sharing our FLL experiences.
● MissionFIRST presentation in Adnan Mazıcı Primary School.
● Meeting with Bornova’s District Director of National Education Kadir Kadıoğlu and presenting our curriculum “4D Coding”.
● Introducing ourself to Bornova’s Mayor Olgun Atilla in our school.
● MissionFIRST presentation in Cemil Meriç Secondary School.
● Organized “Training of Trainers” program.
● Started our “Inspire the Future” project in Bahçeşehir College Karşıyaka Science Center with our friends from BİLSEM.